Chasing deer

A place to ask general questions not relevant to another forum.
lduvall

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:32 am

Hi,
I've seen a few videos lately of pilots chasing deer through fields, one chasing coyote I think. I'm OK with this frankly, but is it illegal? I know if you contact an animal it would for sure, but where is the line?
Larry
DougB

Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 am

In WA state it is illegal to use any vehicle to pursue, concentrate, or harass wild animals or wild birds. I'm pretty sure this applies to PPG's. While I have flushed out deer & coyotes, I don't chase after them on purpose. If geese are on my launch/landing field I try to avoid them.

I'm all about launch/landing area preservation thus I don't want anyone accusing me of purposely scaring or harassing horses, cattle, sheep, goats or any other animal. So I try to play nice with those on the ground. :)

Doug B.
megatron

Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 am

I agree with Doug. Intentionally chasing any kind of wildlife is going to be harrassment and is going to get you in trouble if someone sees you doing it, Don;t do it - DBAD. Sean
wingz21

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Same as others. It'll get you in trouble. Flushing out a deer unintentionally is one thing, chasing is different. Google owl dell charged for an example of how this can go bad (he's a D for sure).
sline

Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Don't do it.I have a buddy that chased a bear and got a talking to by the DEQ. They gave him a break, no ticket but they said they coudl.